We recently returned from a long awaited trip to New Zealand for some winter vacation and family visiting. Everything you’ve heard about the beauty and friendliness of the country is true, and we really can’t wait to go back.
1. A 19km hike over an active volcano at the heart of the North Island.
2. Seeing endemic wildlife like the Kaka and Tui bird, the living fossil lizard the Tuatara and giant Weta insects.
3. Sea kayaking with shags (cormorants), sting rays and moon jellyfish.
4. Finding Lord of the Rings filming locations and re-enacting scenes :o)
5. Possum yarn!!!! This last deserves a whole post of its own, so stay tuned for that.